Friday, February 11, 2011

Running in Orlando



I went for a four/five mile run at this park yesterday to get some new scenery into my running. Not a bad place to run, but the Pennsylvanian in me would've liked some more elevation changes. I could see the entire park while standing as it was so flat. One of my roomates, Dan from Georgia, joined in too.

The area directly around my apartment complex isn't the best for running as there is only like a mile stretch along a busy highway road that is runnable. For the most part, I've kept myself active by hitting up the gym, playing some volleyball and basketball, and getting a few local runs in. I'm perfectly fine with that as I can get a good sweat on, no big deal. I don't really have plans on doing an extensive amount of tri-training down here because why throw time away like that when I get to spend most of my time in the Disney area. I've got to admit that it has been nice to have a mental break from the bike. I'll be pumped to get back on it when my time hear comes to an end, but I'm going to enjoy my time down here sans the double-wheeled gyroscope.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear, but I would hope you could toss up a better photo of Orlando Florida than that...

    Give us Mickey, nightlife, international girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops! That is a rather dreary pic. I'll take note of that for upcoming posts. For now, I put a castle pic up from last night.

    ReplyDelete